The Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce is back with its 18th Annual Holiday Gala, themed “Celebrating Black Excellence.” The event kicks off Saturday, December 2, 2023, at Jungle Island, Bloom Ballroom, located at 1111 Parrot Jungle Trail, Miami, Florida 33132.
“Through our 18th Annual Holiday Gala, themed ‘Celebrating Black Excellence,’ we aim to spotlight the remarkable achievements and contributions of Black individuals, businesses, and organizations,” said G. Eric Knowles, President and CEO of the Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce in a press release. “This year’s theme serves as a powerful declaration of our commitment to acknowledging, honoring, and celebrating the richness of talent, innovation, and leadership within our community. We invite everyone to join us in this joyous celebration as we shine a spotlight on the excellence that continues to elevate our city and inspire the world.”
The 18th Annual Holiday Gala Award Recipients, recognized for their outstanding contributions, include:
- H.T. Smith Lifetime Achievement Award: Dr. Nelson L. Adams, Nelson Adams & Associates, PA
- Citizen of the Year Award: Chairman Oliver G. Gilbert, III, District 1, Miami-Dade County Board of County Commissioners
- Distinguished Service Award: Wendy Kallergis, President and CEO, Greater Miami & The Beaches Hotel Association
- David Fincher Young Innovator Award: LaToya, LaTasha, and LaTrice Stirrup, Co-Founders, Kazmaleje
- Jason Jenkins Unsung Hero Award: Leroy Jones, Executive Director, Neighbors and Neighbors Association, Inc. (NANA)
To secure your seat to the annual event, visit https://m-dcc.org/gala.
This is a Hy-Lo News Staff.