A Miami-based realtor and Miami-Dade College student has been charged with the heinous murders of two homeless people. Today Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle formally charged Willy Suarez Maceo in the murders of two homeless men.
“These types of homicides are best known as serial killings. It’s a series of chances like detached killings that can defy a community’s perception of danger and safety,” said Fernandez Rundle to CBS 4 Miami in a press conference.
According to CBS 4 Miami, Maceo has been charged with first-degree murder in the killings of a 56-year-old man on December 21, 2021, and a 59-year-old man in October 2021. He’s also been charged with attempted murder in the December shooting.
Last year, Maceo, 25, was arrested and held without bond. In the December shooting, a witness flagged down an officer at 400 SW 2 Avenue at 8 p.m. about a person suffering from blunt force trauma to the head.
Detectives connected the two incidents because of the short time span and the fact both men were homeless. Miami police said they were able to link Maceo to the shootings using ballistic test results from recovered bullet casings and the surveillance video.
This is a Hy-Lo News Staff Report